Friday, November 4, 2011

Chocolate Mint Cookies

These cookies were the #1 favorites so far! Do you see that adorable little taste tester? This is Shane, and he is one of my superheroes..and an official cookie taste tester. He loves that title!

I imagine what makes these cookies ultra delicious is this very special ingredient:
Yes..I'm sure of it! Just looking at this make my mouth water! OK..so you didn't come here for gibberish..I'll save that for my other blog..you came for the recipe (found in the Cookie Lover's Collection Book).

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup butter, softened (I might add here that it also says margarine, but who would use that?) ;)
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 pkg. (4.67 oz.) chocolate sandwich mints, coarsely chopped
  • 1 cup vanilla baking chips
(Makes 3 dozen - not really enough)

DIRECTIONS:

HEAT oven to 375. In large mixing bowl, combine butter, sugars, egg and vanilla.

BEAT at medium speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Beat at low speed until soft dough forms. Stir in mints & chips.

DROP dough by heaping teaspoons 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.

BAKE for 8-10 minutes, or until set. Cool completely before storing.

If you try these let me know what you think! Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment