Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring


Pinterest has changed my life. I promise I'm not addicted to it. I spend just a little bit of time on it almost every night (I only fell asleep once at my computer). It started with my desire to spruce up our breakfast time. I homeschool, so cereal just begins to look really boring after you actually watch your children eat it every single day. I don't think I ever had time to sit and eat breakfast with my children when they were in school...too busy getting everything ready to get everyone out on time.

So, I found Pinterest, it is a virtual bulletin board where you pin your favorite things or things you want to try. You are linked to websites and blogs about food and whatever and it is absolutely wonderful. I've made tons of things. Here is the recipe for this one.

Source: Found on Pinterest and linked to this blog.

Here is the easiest recipe ever:

  • 2 small tubes refrigerator buttermilk biscuits OR 1 tube Pillsbury Grands buttermilk biscuits
  • 3 Tbsp. butter melted
  • 1/2 C. pancake syrup
  • 1/3 C. packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/4 C. chopped pecans, opt.
  • 1/4 C. chopped almonds, opt.
Spray a fluted pan with non-stick spray. Combine the melted butter and syrup in a small bowl and set aside. In another bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nuts (if desired).
 
Half of my children are not so nuts about nuts..so I just sprinkled nuts on half of the bottom of my pan.
Place about half of the syrup mixture in the bottom of the pan. Then sprinkle half of the brown sugar mixture on top.
Lay the biscuits on the bottom of the pan, overlapping edges (closely together) to form a ring. (I just used the 2 small tubes of buttermilk biscuits...it was perfect!
 
Top with remaining syrup and sugar mixtures.

Bake at 375 degrees for approximately 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Cool for 1 minute in the pan, then invert onto a serving platter and enjoy!

Caution: I have 3 boys (ages 8 & 10)..who polished off the entire ring in one sitting...and NO I didn't even get one.

No comments:

Post a Comment