Thursday, February 2, 2012

Chewy Coconut Macaroons


This was Mr. Incredible's pick this week. He loves macaroons. These were the easy and fun to make and it made me look like a professional. Got the recipe from my new Ultimate Cookie Book that I got for Christmas. :)
Ingredients:

2 3.5 oz. cans (2 2/3 cups total) flaked coconut
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 ounces semisweet chocolate (optional)
1/2 teaspoon shortening (optional)

Go ahead and preheat your oven to 325 F. 

Lightly grease and flour a large cookie sheet, set aside. (Personal note here: I never grease anything..I've ruined one too many cookie sheets...I LOVE parchment paper!!) I line everything that goes in my oven with it!

In a medium bowl stir together coconut, sugar, flour, and salt. Stir in egg whites and almond extract. Inhale..because it smells amazing!!
Drop egg white mixture by rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Like below...oh and the smell. You'll want to invent a candle with this scent!
Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. If desired, in a small heavy saucepan heat and stir chocolate and shortening over low heat until smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over the cooled cookies...and look like a pro! That's what I'm talking about. These totally wrecked my superheros and Mr. Incredible.
I won the Spouse & Mother of The Year Award with these...you might be next. Hey, thanks for stoppin' by the Kitchen...see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment